I'm very excited to actually have made myself a dress!
Notice the gathered pocket with button close and the ruffled straps. I'm ready for some summer fun!
want to make your own? It's very easy.
- Measure around your chest and then the length you want (under armpits to your chosen length). I was 32" around the widest part of my chest and I wanted it to be a few inches above my knee. so I cut 2 rectangle 32" x 30"
- hem your top and bottom of each rectangle. be sure to make the hems even - It makes for much less work when sewing the rectangles together.
- Then you shir the top of each piece to just under boob
- Next you sew the 2 rectangles together
- Now cut out your straps. I did 2 that were 4 times the width I wanted by the lentgh needed. 4"x19"
- and for the ruffle I did 36" x 2times the desired width. Since I folded the ruffle pice in half (hotdog way) and then basted and gatherd. Now put the ruffle in your straps which you've ironed in half, brought the ends into the middle and then folded in half and ironed again.
- sew the straps on where you wan them to be. I had my dear husband help me pin thestraps in place on the back
- If you want to do the pocket check out the gathered pocket tutorial by "made". I did the shirred version.